Are you a healthcare provider? Visit our site for providers
- This event has passed.
PMAD Support Group
Tuesday, January 17, 2023
3:00pm EST - 4:15pm EST Support Groups
This support group meets weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Are you a new mom/gestational parent struggling with anxiety, depression, OCD, or PTSD? You’re not alone. 1 in 5 new or expecting mothers/birthing people suffer from a PMAD (perinatal mood and anxiety disorder) otherwise known as postpartum depression. Since the pandemic began – those rates have gone up exponentially. This group provides space for new moms/gestational parents to discuss the honest, real, and hard parts of motherhood/parenthood – the parts that social media and baby commercials go to great lengths to avoid. The feelings of guilt, shame, irritability, exhaustion, loneliness, hopelessness, panic, sadness, regret, longing for who you were before you became a mother, and many more. This weekly group is for those who want to find a safe space to share, heal, learn coping skills, and connect with others who are going through the same thing.
About This Group
- This group is virtual and has space for 7 thinking about having another, expecting, or new second-time moms/birthing people to join
- This group is drop-in, which means there is no obligation to attend every week
- This group is open to all LGBTQIA+ people. We ask that you share your personal pronouns upon group introduction
- Feeling sad, anxious, overwhelmed, and/or irritable in the transition to motherhood
- Talking about the very real and very hard parts of becoming a mom and having a baby
- Relationship struggles with partner, friends, mother/mother in law
- Feelings of loneliness, isolation, regret, and loss of identity
- Learning ways to ask for help, cope and identify moments of connection with baby, partner, and others
Is this Group Right for Me?
This group is for postpartum women/birthing parents who are feeling depressed or anxious, and for those who have a diagnosed perinatal mood or anxiety disorder (PMAD); such as depression, anxiety, PTSD, or OCD. This group is meant to offer a supportive and honest community for moms/birthing people who are struggling with the transition to motherhood. Tears are welcome.
Paige Bellenbaum, LCSW
Founding Director and Chief External Relations Officer
Additional Dates in this Recurring Series
|PMAD Support Group||Tuesday||December 5, 2023||3:00PM - 4:15PM||Select|
|PMAD Support Group||Tuesday||January 2, 2024||3:00PM - 4:15PM||Select|
|PMAD Support Group||Thursday||January 4, 2024||3:00PM - 4:15PM||Select|
|PMAD Support Group||Tuesday||January 9, 2024||3:00PM - 4:15PM||Select|
|PMAD Support Group||Thursday||January 11, 2024||3:00PM - 4:15PM||Select|
PMAD Support Group Tuesday December 5, 2023 3:00PM - 4:15PM
PMAD Support Group Tuesday January 2, 2024 3:00PM - 4:15PM
PMAD Support Group Thursday January 4, 2024 3:00PM - 4:15PM
PMAD Support Group Tuesday January 9, 2024 3:00PM - 4:15PM
PMAD Support Group Thursday January 11, 2024 3:00PM - 4:15PM